The EAAA was formed in November 2009 at Orange, NSW, Australia. Its vision and objectives are as outlined below. A key foci of the EAAA are the five pillars and importantly the role of ecology both natural and social in the management of our natural resources.
The aims of the EAAA are outlined in each of the pillars, which are managed by EAAA members who expresses a particular interest in that area. We invite you to become part of the drive for a more ecologically sensitive approach to agriculture and horticulture and hence a regenerative energy in the life of rural communities.
To develop bio-diverse landscapes, biologically enriched soil, healthy food, and vibrant communities through ecologically, holistic and ethically driven processes.
To coordinate the activities of the five pillars to ensure a strong connection between the vision and the objectives as outlined.
1. Implementation of the objectives as outlined for the pillars of the organization: ecology; farming; food; education; and, ethics.
2. To foster ways of thinking that enhance an understanding of biodiversity and its value, reflects awareness of connections and relationships, and appreciates the power of systems and emergent properties.
3. To raise the profile of ecological farming/horticulture processes and its relevance to the needs of an Australian society facing diminishing oil reserves and concerns regarding climate change.
4. To appreciate that humans are one thread amongst many threads in the web of life. To recognize and respect all forms of life.
5. To promote an ecological approach to sustainability in the interest of generations to follow.
6. To support policies that encourages the growth of communities as a fundamental component of ecological thinking and behaviour.